Eight of the ten teams have already played each other in the new season.
On January 3, the third season of the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) tournament for up-and-coming esports players, the WePlay Academy League, kicked off. The season started with the Group Stage, during which the ten participating teams, divided into two groups, will play against each other online in a two double round-robin format. The Group stage will run till January 12, with a possible tiebreaker held on January 13 before the Gauntlet stage.
On the first day, matches were played between four Group A teams: Young Ninjas, Astralis Talent, BIG. OMEN Academy, and NAVI Junior. On January 4, four teams from Group B made their debut in the third season — Eternal Fire Academy, MOUZ NXT, VP.Prodigy, and FURIA Academy.
Results of the first matches:
January 3 (Group A):
- Young Ninjas 16 : 8 Astralis Talent
- Astralis Talent 14 : 16 Young Ninjas
- BIG. OMEN Academy 4 : 16 NAVI Junior
- NAVI Junior 5 : 16 BIG. OMEN Academy
January 4 (Group B):
- Eternal Fire Academy 9 : 16 MOUZ NXT
- MOUZ NXT 16 : 12 Eternal Fire Academy
- VP.Prodigy 16 : 9 FURIA Academy
- FURIA Academy 14 : 16 VP.Prodigy
The host, WePlay Esports, is broadcasting the tournament in two languages: English and Russian:
- Official broadcast channels in English (Twitch)
- Official broadcast channels in Russian (YouTube, Twitch)
Source: WePlay Holding Press Office
#weplay #esports #CSGO #WePlayCSGO #WePlay Academy League
Subscribe to press room updates